On 1/16/13 11:05 PM, Nicholas Thompson wrote:

Wait a minute, Marcus. Why would those behaviors be stalking, absent any intent to communicate a threat!?

At the gym and I see a particular person from work over and over. I go for a walk and I see them at St. Johns. He is following me! Or am I following him?

In your example, depending on what was said at the bar or rowing machine, a witness might agree that it was consistent with stalking. Was it asymmetric precise information about the `victim' pulled out of thin air? Did it happen several times?

But we see each other and barely find the energy to grunt acknowledgement. So it's plainly just a similarity.

By the way, have you ever read the book */Enduring Love/*? Ian McEwen.

...web search..
No, but sounds relevant.

Marcus