YES I've gotten calls like that in the past from some people from china
someplace trying to claim they work for MS. I don't know who to report them
to. It's not just fishing it's "social engineering" (aka fraud and lying)-
in my case the guy was all panicky that I might have malware and if I let
him run my computer he'll fix it. I didn't let the guy get on with his
sales pitch before hanging up on him. I run a regular virus sweep and
malware sweep. I think he gave up after the third time I hung up on him.
Why would I trust some complete stranger calling up going on and on about
how many evil things might be on my computer-why would I trust someone who
wasn't recomended to me by a someone who I trust to controll my
computer-answer: I don't.