I am of British and German descent so I wouldn't necessarily recognize those
biases.

StephT

On 11/9/2013 10:58 AM, Gary Schiltz wrote:
Whose writing is not colored by their cultural biases? I didn't find it to be so
slanted that I'd consider it to be “tainted," but maybe that's my own cultural
bias in play. It seemed pretty reasonable to me.  But then, I haven't read the book
itself.

Gary

On Nov 9, 2013, at 9:51 AM, Parks, Raymond <rcpa...@sandia.gov> wrote:

The concept is tainted by the cultural biases of the author.

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Smith [mailto:sasm...@swcp.com]
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2013 10:27 PM
To: The Friday Morning Applied Complexity Coffee Group <friam@redfish.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [FRIAM] 11 American Nations

An alternative view to the (I can't help but hear it in Dr. Suess'
cadence) Red-State Blue-State version of Murrica.   I don't agree with
it in detail but in sweeping generalizations (5.5x less general than
red/blue?) it captures what I know our cultural "melting pot" to be
crufted into:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/govbeat/wp/2013/11/08/which-of-the-11-american-nations-do-you-live-in/