REC -
[...] an infection from a hot spring [...]

oh, dear, don't like the sound of that,
Miracles of modern antibiotics...   If I go to Panama (or Ecuador) , I'm stocking the Veterinary grade equivalent (FishMox and FishFlex, who knew?) for such (hopefully rare) occasions.  Though I think human grade versions are just a Farmacia away there?   This course required careening through our dysfunctional medical system...  although it sure beat the bottle of bourbon, a leather belt, a bullet (to bite on) and a saw ...    Just checking to see who was reading, and how deep!

Didn't help that I was camping at a different hot spring nearly daily for two weeks... could have just been something else...

Drinking beer at the third "yacht club" I tried in Seattle... who knew many "yacht clubs" actually are there to share information and teach yachting to members?

- WRAK