Glen -
Ha! You see? That's not even wrong. 8^) But it's more plausible than asserting
that my ideas are mutated and crossed over from ... yours ... or Szasz' ... or
my mom's, for example.
What I'm trying to tickle apart here is what we do with the very idea that you might have a psuedo-Szaszian perspective on psychology or that you "are a Skeptic".

forget "meme", let's try "pattern" on in *at least* a semi-formal sense like the Alexandrian idea of Pattern Languages? And what of "Alexandrian Patterns" ? Whether that is a "meme" or a "pattern" or just a "rose by any other name" is what I'm looking to get an alternative grasp of...

If we admit patterns that can be copied, modified by intention or by ignorance or by chance, and can even be mixed with other patterns, then we have at least a partial registration in the target domain of biological evolution/genetics.

I'm trying not to argue this from a perspective of persuading you, but rather on "helping" you deconstruct the general idea that biological evolution (based in Genetics) is in any way a model for social/cultural evolution. Or to deconstruct the more specifics of "memetics" and replace it with something more prosaic but useful perhaps?

Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong three, maybe you are trying to tell me (as I think Szasz tries to tell us about mental illness) that there is no there there?

neither here, nor there,
 - Steve