https://doctorow.medium.com/solar-is-a-market-for-financial-lemons-ea00699fe0a2
<https://doctorow.medium.com/solar-is-a-market-for-financial-lemons-ea00699fe0a2>

I suspect the opinions among the members of this list range widely on Doctorow's work, my general response to him is a guarded positive.

I offer this article to you nominally about the problems with rooftop-solar "gaming" but as a reflection on Corporations (and I claim governments, religions, other institutions) as "slow AI". Rooftop Solar is just a contemporary somewhat benign case-study.

They are both contrived as "rule-based" systems and evolved in the same mode as Machine Learning Models.

The 2023 rush of AI/ML into the public's eye and hands might well overwhelm us with false-paths to individual and collective prosperity.   Opportunities for dead-ends or overshoots abound in the harsh light of "reward hacking" <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reward_hacking>?

And then we have the spectre of
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam