SUNDAY TRAFFIC ALERT:
>From 11am - 4pm, Cathedral St. from Franklin to Mulberry will be closed for
>the reopening of the Basilica of the Assumption.  This could affect traffic to
>and from the society so be alert.  (There will also be closings on Saturday
>through 2pm).

Saturday, Nov. 4
Don’t forget to prepare your Moveable Treats (or store-bought is perfectly
acceptable) to bring to the society on Sunday.  See guidelines in BESpeak.  And
if you can’t make it in on Sunday but would like to offer some treats, call
410.581.2322 and we’ll arrange a pickup at a mutually convenient time.

7:00pm – 1st Saturday coffee house with open mic, featuring guest host and
poet Brian Langston, plus our own Karla Mancero and beatboxer Shodekeh.  Open
mic presentations are first-come, first-served, following presentations by the
featured performers, so come early and sign up.  Light refreshments will be
available (donation requested).

Sunday, Nov. 5
9:30am – Poetry group.  Bring poems that move you or that you have written to
share and discuss.  Each meeting (usually 1st and 3rd Sundays) feature poems
loosely related to a specific topic.  Contact Karla to find out this month’s
topic and be on the e-list for future topics at poet at
BaltimoreEthicalSociety.org

10:30am – “End of Life:  Who Is In Charge?” platform presentation by Bash
Pharoan, MD, Kroh Center for Digestive Disorders, GBMC.  Dr. Pharoan will
present insights into what hospital ethics boards do, how they function, and
what are their underlying bases for ethical decision-making.

12:30pm – BES regular monthly board meeting.  Members welcome to sit in and
observe what the board does to ensure the continued functioning of BES.