REMINDER:  This Sunday, October 7, will be Moveable Treats Sunday, when we'll
be collecting desserts for Moveable Feast, an organization that distributes
meals
to AIDS and cancer victims and their families.  Bring your desserts, homemade
or store-bought, with you to the meeting and place them on the table in the
corner of our meeting room.  The guidelines are simple:  1) If possible, use
sandwich bags or snack bags to wrap cookies, brownies, cupcakes, sweet bread,
and cake slices in serving-size portions.  2) Label each dessert to indicate
generally what it is.  3) Mark your desserts if they contain nuts or peanuts.
4) Avoid heavy icings.  (5 Do not bring desserts that contain alcohol.

On several occasions we've discussed the concern some of us have over providing
desserts rather than more healthful main course foods.  We're been assured by
Moveable Feast staff members that AIDS and cancer victims often need
high-calorie foods and that our desserts are thoroughly enjoyed and
appreciated.  Some of  our bakers are working with creative recipes for
low-fat, nutritional desserts.  And for those who would like to contribute
non-dessert foods to Moveable Treats, we are now also accepting canned, dried,
and packaged foods--canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, tuna fish,
macaroni, etc.  There's a box for them in the corner of our entrance room.
Please support our friends at Moveable Feast and the families they serve.