2009/3/10 Viktor Griph <gr...@dd.chalmers.se>:
> On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, Thomas Adam wrote:
>
>> 2009/3/9 Viktor Griph <gr...@dd.chalmers.se>:
>>>
>>> I think it would be great if fvwm could apply as a mentoring organization
>>> in
>>> this year's GSOC. I would be interested in working as a student on fvwm
>>> if
>>> anyone has the time to mentor me. This will most likely be the last
>>> summer
>>> I'll be eligible to participate as a student, and I'd really like to work
>>> with fvwm full time this summer.
>>
>> And so to go back to roots...
>>
>> Assuming no one else on this list objects, I am going to step up to
>> this and nominate myself as an official point of contact for this --
>> including writing a proposal for FVWM -- at least I assume that's what
>> I would have to do.  I actually have the time to devote to this which
>> is nice, and something I'd like to do.
>
> Sounds great.
>

>> Viktor, do you have information I would need to fill out to support
>> FVWM's chances for GSOC this year?
>
> I'm not sure what kind of information you are after. I take it that you have
> seen the GSoC FAQ[1].

No -- and this is precisely what I was after.  Thanks.  I will look at
enumerating suggestions by tomorrow -- at least as a step closer to a
proper proposal.

> The critical point of the application as I see it is to have a backup
> administrator, and at least an additional mentor to have some plan on what
> to do if you disappear. Other than that most questions should be relativley

I hope not to disappear,  but that's not quite the point, we still
need someone else.  No one has piped up yet.  :)

> straight forward to answer. I'd like all contributions to be licensed GPL2+
> so that any code produced by GSoC can be used both before and after an
> upgrade to GPL3 without getting additional permissions from the students.

I don't see a problem with that.

> We should flesh out a preliminary ideas page and put somewhere on fvwm-web
> as well, since that is needed for the application.

Yup -- I will distill what's in this thread, email it out first of
all, and then throw it in fvwm-web.  I best pull my finger out.

-- Thomas Adam