2009/3/13 Thomas Adam <thomas.ada...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/3/10 Thomas Adam <thomas.ada...@gmail.com>:
>>> 2009/3/10 Viktor Griph <gr...@dd.chalmers.se>:
>>> The critical point of the application as I see it is to have a backup
>>> administrator, and at least an additional mentor to have some plan on what
>>> to do if you disappear. Other than that most questions should be relativley
>>
>> I hope not to disappear,  but that's not quite the point, we still
>> need someone else.  No one has piped up yet.  :)
>
> And until/if someone does, GSOC is all but dead for this year.  It's
> an actual requirement that we can't get around, I asked on #gsoc
> yesterday.
>
> I'll be around in #fvwm in case anyone wants any speedy answers from
> me, but we only have two hours or so to sort something out; talk about
> cutting it fine.
>
> Sorry, Viktor, but this isn't looking hopeful for you thus far.   :/

Well, that's that.

No GSOC for FVWM this year.  Better luck next time.  :)

Mikhael kindly spoke to me over IRC at the 25th hour to get me to
define what a backup mentor meant.  But by then we'd run out of time.
I, like Mikhael both agreed that perhaps we as a project weren't ready
for GSOC.  We just don't have the infrastructure to suppport it, and
more to the point at the moment, the people around to devote the time
it needs.

But as a lesson in organisation this was still very useful, and
assuming I am still around next year (you can't tend to get rid of me
too easily :P) I would love to apply to GSOC, this time with more
warning before the deadline.

Viktor -- don't let this discourage you at all from working on some or
all of things we have already discussed.  I will at some point this
weekend be collating most of this information together so it's not
lost.

-- Thomas Adam