Hello!

> Please try and keep this on-list.

Sorry, I just clicked on 'Reply' button and don't check 'To:' field.

> > Please note in proposal about 'working on better support of
> > mobile/embedded devices in FVWM'. This is main trend now. You can take
> > more peoples and increase your chances. Some time ago matchbox was only
> > WM that was used on mobile/embedded devices. Now LXDE bringing up
> > OpenBox. This time is good to take over this market :)
>
> I've vaguely been aware of these sorts of trends, not just on PDAs but
> more recently the Android platform (such as the G1 phone).  I know
> nothing about this at all; do you even know on the surface the sorts
> of things that would need doing?

Seems that we can do nothing for default Android.. There is Google's own
interface and drawing libraries.

So we should target to mobile platforms with X11 (Maemo, Moblin, MontaVista,
Poky, OpenEmbedded/Angstrom). I'm working with OpenEmbedded for Sharp
Zaurus SL-C1000 (pretty EOL'ed by Sharp now).

Some ideas below.

Main thing that missing in fvwm is screen rotation without need to restart
fvwm (at least for me).
We should do some work for better cross-compilation support.
We should provide sample themes/configs suitable for such devices (lack of
keys, touchscreen).
We should provide bindings for other languages. E.g. I have no perl on my
Zaurus so I can't use some modules or configuration GUI.
May be create bindings to GTK2 and Qt4 (ala old FvwmGtk).

Other good thing is some kind of 'knowledge base' on site. E.g. how to deal
with apps that using tray. Lot of this now can be found on forum. But
better is store it in one searchable place.

Better GUI for configuring FVWM is good idea too.

Closer interworking with FVMW-Crystal is needed to provide complex
environment.

Btw, about FVWM2 on Maemo:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21969

--