Olivier Chapuis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 05:52:27AM -0500, FVWM CVS wrote:
> > CVSROOT:    /home/cvs/fvwm
> > Module name:        fvwm
> > Changes by: domivogt        02/06/18 05:52:27
>
> > * Tabified all sources and removed trailing spaces.
> >

> ... we may try to all share a common (x)emacs config about
> indentation.
> PS: my .emacs config for ccmode 5.25:
>
> (add-hook 'c-mode-hook (lambda ()
>       (setq c-indent-level 8)
>       (setq c-basic-offset 8)
>       (c-set-offset 'substatement-open 0)
>       (setq c-brace-offset 0)
>       (setq c-continued-brace-offset 0)
>       (setq c-brace-imaginary-offset 0)
>       (setq c-continued-statement-offset 0)
>       (setq c-label-offset 0)
>       (setq c-argdecl-indent 0)
>       (setq c-auto-newline nil)
>       (setq c-tab-always-indent t)
> ))

Heres one way to set up emacs to work one way for FVWM and
another way for other projects:

(add-hook 'c-mode-hook 'my-c-mode-hook t)
(defun my-c-mode-hook ()
  (if (string-match "fvwm" buffer-file-name) ;fvwm project settings:
      (progn
        (setq
         c-indent-level 8
         c-basic-offset 8
         c-brace-offset 0
         c-continued-brace-offset 0
         c-brace-imaginary-offset 0
         c-continued-statement-offset 0
         c-label-offset 0
         c-argdecl-indent 0
         c-auto-newline nil
         c-tab-always-indent t
         indent-tabs-mode t
         (c-set-offset 'substatement-open 0)))
    ;; Local site default settings
    (setq
     c-indent-level 2 ; Indent inside block
     c-basic-offset 2
     c-brace-offset 0 ; for braces, compared with other text in same context
     c-continued-brace-offset 0 ; Extra for substatements start with open-braces
     c-brace-imaginary-offset 0
     c-continued-statement-offset 2 ; For lines not starting new statements
     c-label-offset -2 ; Offset of label, case relative to usual indentation
     c-argdecl-indent 0 ; Indentation level of C function arguments
     c-auto-newline nil ; Non-nil automatically newline before and after braces
     c-tab-always-indent t
     indent-tabs-mode nil
     comment-column 40)))

This assumes that the directory you have fvwm in has the word
"fvwm" somewhere in the name.

I doubt the list of variables being set is complete,
(note a few discrepancies toward the end), and I'm not sure
the FVWM values match up to what Dominik is using.

--
Dan Espen                           E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214      Phone: (732) 699-5570