Usually I have my Pidgin window iconified. I have configured Pidgin to
set the URGENT hint when a new message arrives. I would like the window
to be de-iconified when that happens.

My first attempt to write an UrgencyFunc to achieve this was:

  DestroyFunc UrgencyFunc
  AddToFunc UrgencyFunc
   + I Iconify off

This works, but has the drawback that the de-iconified window gains
focus - which I do not want (I'm often typing into another window when
this happens).

So I tried this instead:

  DestroyFunc UrgencyFunc
  AddToFunc UrgencyFunc
   + I FlipFocus
   + I Iconify off
   + I Prev (AcceptsFocus) Focus

This works as I want it to _except_ when the Pidgin window is already
de-iconified and has focus.

In that case, when a new message is received, the previous window gains
focus, and I end up typing into another window than the Pidgin window.
Usually mid-sentence.

I am probably going about this in a backwards way, so any ideas for a
good solution are very welcome.

If I could test whether the window with the URGENT hint has focus and do
nothing in the UrgencyFunc, I think I would be home free - but there are
probably other solutions.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Hur långt man än har kommit                                 Adam Sjøgren
  är det alltid längre kvar"                             a...@koldfront.dk