On 09/13/2012 05:47 AM, Adam Sjøgren wrote:

Usually I have my Pidgin window iconified. I have configured Pidgin to
set the URGENT hint when a new message arrives. I would like the window
to be de-iconified when that happens.

I've had exactly the same problem with Pidgin. I have the following:

Style "*"           SloppyFocus, !FPFocusByProgram

DestroyFunc UrgencyFunc
AddToFunc UrgencyFunc
 + I Iconify off
 + I Raise

I don't recall if this solves the focus grabbing upon de-iconification, or if I just iconify chat windows infrequently enough that it's less of a bother.

It's from: http://fvwmwiki.xteddy.org/Tips/FocusStealing/

With this, there are still a few problems with focus grabbing, though they are limited to the password dialogs IIRC.

HTH,
Reid

--
IM (Google Chat):    reid.priedhor...@gmail.com (not a valid e-mail)

E-mail response time: I check e-mail periodically throughout the day,
not continually, so I might not see your note for several hours.
Please use IM or phone if you need an immediate response.