> On Sep 6, 2016, at 10:27 AM, Lucio Chiappetti <lu...@lambrate.inaf.it> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 6 Sep 2016, Werner Scheinast wrote:
>
>> FVWM has shrunk down to a - as you call it - crackpot project. Only few
>> people are using it, these are mainly old guys like me (I'm 45) who know
>
> Well then, who am I (61) ? Methuselah ? :-)

Nope, guess would be me, as I turn 68 next month.  :-)

I copied a TWM config from a colleague at work around 1987/1988.   I switched
to fvwm in the early 90s, perhaps from the same colleague at work.
FVWM was obviously better than TWM, and the virtual desktops was probably the
major reason for the change.

I’ve stuck with fvwm all these years and platforms,  bothering to compile FVWM
for systems that did not have it, because this WM does all I want and my
interest was to preserve my workflow.
I am a touch typist, and similar to using emacs, my fingers just automatically
do what I want, and I would probably need to look at what my fingers/hands do
automatically to tell you about key or mouse-button bindiings.

There are perhaps a few folks even older than me on this list, and perhaps some
who still use FVWM for similar reasons.
Perhaps  even a few (like me) who are using only slightly-modified .fvwm2rc
files that hey copied from friends for colleagues ages ago.

BTW, my desktop bitmaps go back to TWM and have been dragged along all this
time, too.

jw