On Wed, 14 Mar 2007, Hans Voss wrote:

> SuSE offers KDE as default, GNOME as an alternative, but if you select
> "Minimal graphics system" it defaults to FVWM.

When I started with 9.2 I believe the login panel offered to log in with
all possible installed window managers (still offers, just I do not want
to log out now and check :-)). From my notes I'm pretty sure the choice
for our local installation included at least KDE, WindowMaker, FVWM and
twm. I remember I soon discarded the latter, and played around with 3
different "naked" accounts using each one one of the other three, before I
decided (quite soon) to concentrate on customizing fvwm,

I am pretty reassured by the postings of Thomas Adam and Christof
Biebricher