on 15/02/06 21:22, Kristina Rost at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> For all the others, here is what I did again.
>>
>> You first need to send an email from the account you want to subscribe to
>> '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'. You'll receive a confirmation email
>> and you just have to reply to it.
>
> This is the reply I get...
> <'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'>: malformed address: '> may not follow
> <'[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> so I did get anywhere with this route...
>
> I can log in to the google groups home page and email is the selected
> choice...with my appropriate nickname "Kristina" and I save...
>
> and I don't get  any email from my g-books gurus.
>
> I am going to join a gmail account...I need one anyway as I am going to list
> my house and need a dedicated email address...
>
> Kristina

Kristina,

In my above example, you didn't include the single quotes, did you?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

incantation: n. Any particularly arbitrary or obscure command that one must
mutter at a system to attain a desired result. Not used of passwords or
other explicit security features. Especially used of tricks that are so
poorly documented that they must be learned from a wizard. "This compiler
normally locates initialized data in the data segment, but if you mutter the
right incantation they will be forced into text space."