jon jon wrote:
hi bb...@ncf.ca <mailto:bb...@ncf.ca>
thanks for the reply. so if I have a 40 GB hard drive and i use 17 GB of space on it. I can use G4U to write that image to the network hard drive. It won't write 40 GB will it? It will just write the 17 GB of used space and compress the size down, right? Sorry for the noob question. thanks, jon jon
I have an image of a 40gig drive. I zero the free space as suggested on the g4u website and I defrag the drive before imaging. The drive has xp on it and office and I am using 6.48 GB of the 40 GB. The g4u image size is 3.2GB and I use the GZIP=1 option when I create the image because I desire speed more than small image size. I don't find using GZIP=1 to increase the size that much anyway but it sure makes a difference on speed. Perhaps someone else could comment as to why this is the case?