So I want to upload and image of my hard drive to a iomega hard drive. The
command I would use would be:
uploaddisk [mynetworkharddriveip] [nameoffile.gz] [disk]
command    ip address                   name I give file   wd0

Do I have the correct command? Can I name the file whatever I want, as long
as I have the .gz at the end?

Now if that is the correct command to use, then it will create an image of
my hard drive and compress it down in size.
Does it matter if it 17 GB are written to hard drive? I don't think it does.

I connect to an iomega network hard drive using a ftp server running
slackware.

There are images already on this network hard drive I am new to this and
don't want to write over any images.
thanks
jon