I have had the same issue. A little debugging here:
https://travis-ci.org/saketkc/galaxy_tools/builds/41209515#L84

I first thought that there was a conflict with system installed
paramiko, but it is not:
https://travis-ci.org/saketkc/galaxy_tools/builds/41210153#L60

A clean install of galaxy-central worked fine on Mac, I am yet to test
this on a local linux installation though.