darrin, to be honest devs can just use sapi.
Compaired to other things windows is probably easy to develop because you don't have restrictions on what you do, I guess the smart phone will take over but I have not seen that many blind devs actually make games for the smart phone market and those that are out really although good for smart phones are probably crap compaired to their windows varients. I am still a firm believer at least for the short term maybe longer that we will have windows. The big jump is when vb6 dies then we may see more of the games drop off and who knows. However its not all over till the fat lady sings and even if the core devs all died we would still have some of an indie industry active so its not an issue really.
shaun.

At 09:54 AM 3/6/2014, you wrote:
I think though sooner or later a lot more games will be developed for apple
devices over windows because voiceover is built in. which is going to make
it easier for finding the relevant information in order to make it work.
With windows the developer not only has to make it work with the os but also
with third party screen readers and it's the fact that there are multiple
screen readers which is the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gamers [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On Behalf Of Michael Feir
Sent: 05 March 2014 20:06
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] New games for windows not being produced any more?

The only game I know of under development for Windows is Three
Monkeys. It's going to be an audio action roleplaying games using
binaural sound. That should be pretty awesome. News of accessible Game
development has always been very slow in coming for numerous reasons.
The only area where I think this has really changed is with games for
the iOS devices like iPAD or iPHONE. Some developers have gotten a lot
more hesitant to post news about games they're working on since people
are inevidably disappointed when things are delayed.

> Hi Lindsay,
>
> Yes, there are still accessible games for Windows being developed.
> Although, you don't always here about them on this list there are
> various new games available that have been written in the last few
> months or so.
>
> From Draconis Entertainment we have their Silver Dollar game for
> Windows as well as for Mac. Draconis has also released Change Reaction
> 2.0 for Windows as well.
>
> From Blind Adrenaline we have Rail Racer 2.0 in beta, and should be
> made available as a full version sometime in the next few months.
>
>  On the Audio Games Forum someone has recently rewritten Hack by
> Daniel Zingaro in BGT and released it as freeware for Windows.
>
> Then, of course, I myself am still developing games, but do to time
> and circumstance haven't been able to bring any of my projects to
> release just yet. However, I can say there are more games coming from
> me hopefully in the not too distant future.
>
> In short, while games for the PC are seemingly few and far between
> that doesn't mean nobody is developing them. they are still under
> development even if it seems like they aren't.
>
> Cheers!
>

> On 3/5/14, lindsay.cow...@virginmedia.com
> <lindsay.cow...@virginmedia.com> wrote:
>> Are games for windows not being produced any more, if so, what games?
>>
>> Lindsay Cowell.

>> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
>> list,

list,

Michael Feir

Disability advocate
Meadowvale Community Christian Reformed Church
www.meadowvalecrc.ca
2013--

Volunteer at The Dam
http://www.thedam.org
2011-2013
Twitter: mfeir
Skype: michael-feir
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/personal-power.html

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/life-of-word-and-sound.html

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine 1996-2004
Check out my blog at:
http://www.michaelfeir.blogspot.ca