Hi Dark,

I don't think I have ever heard your Fighting Fantasy podcast, but I'd
like to hear it if you have a link to it. Not just for the voices, but
 I'd be interested in hearing it for its own sake.

As for the Vocalizer voices there are actually three different
versions on the market. Apparently Nuance has a fast and responsive
version which uses less memory but isn't quite as high a quality as
say their Plus or Premium versions. The higher the quality the voice
the less responsive and more laggy it is, but the higher the quality
of the voice. Most screen readers like Jaws and perhaps Supernova are
using the Expressive versions which sound okay, not as good as the
premium voices, but are more responsive and better suited for day to
day use with a screen reader where their higher quality versions is
better for something like Text Aloud which only reads books and other
documents.

Cheers!