To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] 80's games suggestion

Hi Dark,
Oh, there are a few bugs. One of them you would die and respaun at the same place instead of at the beginning of the level. Another bug you would jump and get stuck in the air. These didn't happen all the time, but they could get annoying when they did happen. There also a couple that are more suddle. I was asked to add a command that would announce the distance and direction to the monsters. Well, when I started work on that problem I realized I screwed up the game in a big big way. I had the coordinates system backwards, and of course my calculations were all coming out screwy. One way or another the game required a major rewrite/overhall to fix that problem. I wasn't going to do it until 1.0 was released, but it seams my copyright issues solved that problem for me. As it happens I'm sort of disappointed myself in not being able to deliver that game to the ag community. It was a simple and fun game. One that would have stood out in the ag community as a good remake of a classic side-scroller. Now, I've got MOTA, it is a good game in its own right, but I do understand why a few people are pining away for the original game.

dark wrote:
Well I never noticed too many bugs in the later releases of montizumas return, ---- certainly not in version 9 which I currently have.

But it is up to you Tom. I merely offered this as a low work solution for those who are desperate for an 80's game, ---- also, I stil happen to think the original Montizumas return had merrit and so wouldn't like to see it lost.

It's very much your decision though.

Beware the grue!