Hi Michael,
that's a very good point. There are people out there that don't have an issue fighting Gorillas, monsters, or non-human enemies, but do object to killing humans. Even if the humans in question are bad humans. There is a social line here that developers need to be aware of. At any rate I think the lack of humans in this case is a good thing for several reasons. One of them being as the game stands now it reminds me so much of the classic Atari and Nintendo games it isn't funny. In particular I am reminded of Donkey Kong 64. In DK 64 you start out in a jungle on Donkey Kong isle and you move on to caves, ancient temples, etc until the final boss level. This game has that kind of feel, and I'd hate it if these people end up ruining that experience by adding too many features and suggestions to the game.

Michael Feir wrote:
I kind of like the fact that it's creatures fighting each other and that there aren't humans to be killed. That makes it far less likely that parents will object to their children playing the game. When you include the killing of people, that crosses a social line which Mr. Benfall currently doesn't have to worry about. I haven't heard of any parents other than perhaps some vegetarians who would object to all the animal killing. Lets not forget that this game is aimed at people as young as fourteen. It just so happens to be fun for us older folks also.
Michael Feir
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
www.blind-planet.com/content/personal-power

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://www.blind-planet.com/content/life-word-and-sound

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine
1996-2004
Check out my blog at:
www.michaelfeir.blogspot.com