Hi,
Ah, well, I get that here too. Whenever I try and tell some of my
younger relatives to write in English their responce is to "get with
the times." I don't think they quite understand that when spoken via
Jaws, Window-eyes, etc it is nothing but a confusing mess of letters
and numbers. As usual the screen reader takes the blame when it wasn't
designed to read that garbage, and nor should it have to if people
would learn to type proper words and sentenses.
In fact, when you typed "2ba" I thought you were refering to the
musical instrument, "tuba," and not "to be a." That's how unreliable
that kind of short-hand can be. So it would be pretty aweful if
everyone started writing that way on list.