Hi Phil,

Um..As I recall when you open the view menu it pauses the game. That
is so you can look around at things without monsters trying to take
your head off or shoot you full of arrows while examining stuff.

As far as rounding meters I explained this in part in another e-mail.
Since I am using prerecorded speech here it is easier to round to the
nearest integer value rather than speak a floating point value like
0.6 meters away. If we want to get that kind of precision we need to
switch over to Sapi or something like that for speech.