On 17/01/12 23:52, Jeff Buchbinder wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 5:29 PM, Im Root <imr...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
>> I would be in agreement with the sentiments of the ganglia maintainers in
>> that I too hate Windows. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it.
>
> The appropriate "windows solution" would be to create a C# port of a
> gmond/pmond type service, much as NSClient++ does. My C# is a little
> rusty -- is there anyone out there who does more .NET programming who
> would be willing to work on something like that?

Why C#?

You can download Visual Studio Express for free and use C/C++

I don't recall the final state of mingw support, but that is meant to
allow you to compile using the Cygwin tools but run without having the
cygwin dll

On the issue of the release, I'm happy to volunteer with updating the
documentation on release procedures to include git commands, tagging,
autotools stuff and whatever else is required to make Ganglia 4.0.0 happen.

I've already used the ganglia-modules-linux/solaris packages to test the
whole process with git and autotools and it should work for a full
Ganglia release in almost exactly the same way.