I would be in agreement with the sentiments of the ganglia maintainers in that
I too hate Windows. Unfortunately I'm stuck with it.

________________________________
 From: Jeff Buchbinder <rufustfire...@gmail.com>
To: Im Root <imr...@rocketmail.com>
Cc: Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.com.au>;
"ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net"
<ganglia-developers@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 4:41 PM
Subject: Re: [Ganglia-developers] Ganglia Web repo moved

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 3:34 PM, Im Root <imr...@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> It's commendable that there has been a lot of effort with the web interface.
> However, if you can't monitor Windows, it's like building a Mercedes with
> only 3 wheels. Yes, it nice to look at but yet it's missing a very important
> component.

I'd like to echo the sentiments of some of the other Ganglia
maintainers -- most of us don't really use Windows servers, so it
doesn't come up. In most cases, people usually end up porting
monitoring pieces to Windows systems rather than trying to hack
Windows compatibility in, precisely because things randomly tend to
break or perform in a strange way. (Case in point, check_nrpe was
ported as NSClient++ rather than the Nagios maintainers trying to keep
check_nrpe working under Windows : http://www.nsclient.org/nscp/ )

I would also assume that Win2k8 support is broken because the nice
folks in Redmond have probably been monkeying with UAC or something
similar. If you can get a bit more debugging info, I'm sure one of the
maintainers who happens to have a Windows 2k8 box around somewhere
would be happy to try to track down the bug for you.

Jeff