On 17/01/12 21:17, Im Root wrote:
> I can understand if obscure operating systems are overlooked, but it's
> quite disturbing that the ganglia development community doesn't care if

No one said they don't care - it's just that none of us are using that
environment.  If it is not something you are keen to work on personally,
do you truly care about it enough to hire a developer for a few days to
investigate it?

> the data collection module crashes Windows systems. Although I'm not
> condoning the spread of this awful operating system (ie Windows in any
> form), it's unfortunately part of a large number of IT environments,
> like it or not. They should be monitored. It should be more important to
> insure the stability and usability of ganglia than to waste time with a
> web repo. Fixing gmond should be bumped up to the highest priority.

Some of the people in this group have put an enormous amount of work
into the web interface (which makes my own contributions look shameful
in comparison) - many people without Windows 2008 servers (me included)
appreciate those efforts greatly.