In case there's any confusion about which wiki to use: We're working on porting
the information which is in the Trac wiki over to github. I think anyone with a
github account can create or a page.

https://github.com/ganglia/monitor-core/wiki
https://github.com/ganglia/ganglia-web/wiki

Github lets you select from several different types of formatting. I favor
asciidoc, since it's easy to convert that to docbook & other formats. The
ganglia-web pages I've moved over so far are all asciidoc if you want some
examples.

alex

On Mar 8, 2012, at 9:34 AM, Daniel Pocock wrote:

> Michael, do you have write access on the wiki?  I think we need to get
> this distribution-specific stuff captured there along with the general
> notes I provided below.
>
> I will do the same for the OpenCSW process, then if one of us gets hit
> by a bus, the releases can live on
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel
>

> On 08/03/12 16:26, Michael Perzl wrote:
>> If you do an update to 3.3.2 could you also please make sure that the
>> following files exist:
>>
>> ChangeLog
>> libmetrics/ChangeLog
>> libmetrics/INSTALL
>>
>> As with the 3.3.1 tar.gz file they don't exist thus preventing a
>> "autoreconf -fiv" that I need to perform for all my additional Ganglia
>> modules. Here is the code snippet from one of the SPEC files. This was
>> not necessary with any previous version before.
>>
>> ##
>> ## PREP
>> ##
>> %prep
>> %setup -q -n ganglia-%{version}
>> export PATH=/opt/freeware/bin:$PATH
>> # apply all necessary AIX patches
>> %patch0
>> %patch1
>> # apply the patch for the mod_ibmpower module
>> %patch2
>> *# autoreconf seems to need this one
>> touch ChangeLog libmetrics/ChangeLog libmetrics/INSTALL*
>>
>> ##
>> ## BUILD
>> ##
>> %build
>> export CC="xlc_r -U_AIX43"
>> export LDFLAGS="-L/opt/freeware/lib -Wl,-bmaxdata:0x80000000 -Wl,-brtl"
>> autoreconf -fiv
>> ./configure \
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Michael
>>
>> On 03/08/2012 03:33 PM, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>>
>>> I notice that configure.in was only updated to 3.3.1 after the package
>>> was put out on Sourceforge
>>>
>>> This breaks the OpenCSW package build and may impact other people too
>>>
>>> Can I propose a 3.3.2 release?
>>>
>>> I was going to add a release manager document on the wiki, but I don't
>>> have write access (can someone please help me with that).  Here are the
>>> steps that I use with ganglia-modules-linux, I believe it is the same
>>> for Ganglia now that git is in use, but any further feedback would be
>>> helpful:
>>>

>>> a) review the changes from the last release (git diff 3.3.1 3.3.2) -
>>> look for anything that might impact binary compatibility with existing
>>> 3rd party modules, etc
>>>
>>> b) run git log (from the previous release) and note all the changes, add
>>> them to the changelog (where is it now?  couldn't find it in git for
>>> monitor-core)
>>>
>>> c) update monitor-core/configure.in, in particular:
>>>
>>> GANGLIA_MAJOR_VERSION=3
>>> GANGLIA_MINOR_VERSION=3