Hi Vladimir,

I'm a little nervous about this for a couple of reasons:

a) the tag doesn't cover the ganglia-web stuff

b) the tag is created before testing (which is not necessary when using
git, you can tag after you test, because a tag is just a checksum of
what you tested)

c) package-ganglia-release does things that can be done for us by
autotools `make dist' logic - in fact, if `make dist' was used, the
problem with the version numbers within configure.in would have been obvious

Given that everyone is 100% committed to the new web UI, can I propose
that we do a subtree merge to bring monitor-core and web into the same repo?

http://progit.org/book/ch6-7.html

This will preserve all the history of the web2 branch

I just feel that Ganglia already diverges from autotools best practice
in a number of ways (e.g. the nested configure for libmetrics, or the
way --with-libsomething is used) and that if things can be simplified it
will make the process less tedious and more effort can go into testing, etc.

Regards,

Daniel