Or its own multicast address. That can make it easier to segment
things by switch if you need to (e.g., if you're modeling racks as
clusters, using a multicast address or port that matches up with your
rack# can make things easier to track down).  Also, your switches will
propagate based on address, not port, generally, so you get less
network traffic if you assign an address per cluster than a port per
cluster (again assuming your cluster boundaries match up with your
networking boundaries).

Just another option --
-- ReC