Neil Meister wrote:
Re: [gecko]Walk about farms gecko dust
Hi Sue,

I find this interesting, I would have thought that a rocket-powered Phelsuma would have a high metabolic rate. Also, some species can have reproductive rates as high as leopards. The eggs are smaller,
but require a lot of calcium being hard-shelled. It may be that extra calcium/D3 are more important
for these species.

I would love to see a comparison of different metabolic rates. I notice a fair bit of difference in the
amount of food consumed by the various Rhacodactylus species. I also find it surprising
how much slow-moving Uroplatus eat.
We're so slow and meek. Come here Mr. Cricket- we couldn't possibly catch you! ;)

Julie B.