Hello!

My geeqie consumes HUGE amounts of main memory and every other day
crashes the X server.

I mean: I flip through two or three directories of 100 photos each and I
can watch
the (buffers?) memory rise in the GByte range.
After some usage, the thumbnail view starts having problems, showing
about half of the thumbnails,
the rest is just white
(showing different thumbnails when I choose a different photo and the
thumbnail view is redrawn).

When these problems start and I continue using it, sometimes it is
aborted with some X error message
(next time I copy it to a file, I promise), sometimes X crashes and I am
back to the login screen.

I use Debian Jessie on i86 (32bit). Since I upgraded from 4 GB to 12 GB
of RAM, geeqie just takes even more of it :-(

I do not use Gnome, but LXDE, so it might be some (gnome-typical) tool
or configuration detail missing.
Does anybody have an idea, what problem I have?

With best regards
Hartmut