Looks good to me.   I think the proposal should mention a potential list of
committers/contributors who are interested in maintaining and keeping JDBM
alive, and I think these people should step up to be included in the
proposal.    And please add me to this list :)   I also have extensive
open-source experience, starting down Memory Lane with FidoNet and writing
my own BBS software based off a fork from Tony Hsieh's EBBS, continuing at
Intalio with the genesis of OpenEJB, OpenJMS, Slide, and a few others.  I'm
currently PMC member for Apache Ode, PPMC member for Apache Buildr and
committer for Apache ServiceMix.   I'm also involved in the open-source
Tempo project (http://tempo.intalio.org) which isn't ready for a transition
to a large open-source community/foundation yet ;)

alex