On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM, Matthieu Riou <matth...@offthelip.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> As Martijn alluded to, I think we'd need some more context as to why and
>> how they use RTC.
>>
> Yes, sorry for the lack of details. The context is Cassandra and they're
> doing RTC by community choice. They all seem to agree that RTC is the best
> for their own codebase given that some parts of it can be pretty tricky. And
> even committers who aren't too big on RTC generally speaking seem to agree
> that it's working well for them (see [1] for the whole thread, including
> Paul's objection). So it really seems to be community driven.
>
> Thank for the inputs.

Cassandra does about the same thing as hadoop right, where patches go
into jira for an explicit +1?

While I think that's rather painful (if *I* were to do RTC I would
definitely want to manage it within SVN perhaps with the aid of
svnmerge.py), I don't think it is _wrong_. If the community really
wants to do it that way, I say let them. Sorry Paul :)

cheers,

Leo

PS: for the record I've followed cassandra on and off and I would most
likely +1 on a graduation vote.