On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:24 AM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So about 40% of the committed code is coming from others and reviewed
>> by others - great - why not make some of those others committers?
>
> It's a long tail sort of thing.
>
> We follow the convention Johan suggested of assigning the Jira issue
> to the author of the change, so e.g. for 05 the contributions look
> like this:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ConfigureReport.jspa?versionId=12314040&issueStatus=all&selectedProjectId=12310865&reportKey=com.sourcelabs.jira.plugin.report.contributions%3Acontributionreport&Next=Next

That JIRA report shows a range of contributors that many TLPs would be
envious of, and it shows a quite different picture from the commit
history, eg:

http://www.svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?from=20090801&to=20091231&path=%2Fincubator%2Fcassandra

It would be great to get more of those contributors actually doing the
commits though, maybe modifying the current commit process as is being
suggested in this thread could help get that to happen.

   ...ant