Hi,

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 4:44 PM, Florian Müller <fmuel...@opentext.com> wrote:
> The only way to overcome this is to merge the OpenCMIS code into the
> Chemistry code base. But the technical approaches of the projects are so
> different that this might not work - at least not in the short term.

I compared opencmis-provider-api to chemistry-api. While there are
differences in design (granularity of interfaces, type safety, etc.),
the fundamental architecture is the same for both projects. This is as
expected as they both map the same standard to Java.

Are there some specific reasons why one design is superior to the
other? The only major difference I could quickly spot is the
ExtensionsData structure that OpenCMIS seems to include in almost all
method signatures. Other than that it looks like it would be fairly
straightforward to map from one API to another.

BR,

Jukka Zitting