On Dec 11, 2009, at 5:28 PM, Jens Hübel wrote:

Hi Chemistry,

I understand the concerns you might have and the confusion we have caused. But please do not forget that Open in Open Source has a meaning. So I am not sure that all the comments I read here are in accordance with the idea of it.

I don't know what's *your* idea of open source, but I stand by my comments and I've been practicing and advocating open source since 1991.

More seriously, let's not attack each other's conception of open source, and focus on the question at hand.

Everyone, member of the open source community or not, is free to start a new implementation of an existing piece of software or library. This is a good thing when the existing software is in maintenance mode and not evolving anymore, or so crufty that a new design is needed, etc. But when we are speaking of two young projects, under the umbrella of the same organisation, I think this is very wrong.

  S.

Web: http://www.nuxeo.com/ - Tel: +33 1 40 33 79 87
New: follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sfermigier