On Jun 4, 2011 9:43 AM, <robert_w...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I've heard some valid concerns about hardware resources needed to build
> OpenOffice.  Since I just happen to know a company that is in the hardware
> business, I might be able to get them to help out in this department.  But
> I wanted to first check on what the possibilities are on the Apache side.
> In particular, does Apache have some way to accept hardware donations and
> have them co-located in your data center, with Apache taking care of
> physical infrastructure, back ups, bandwidth, etc.  Is that possible at
> all?  Or should I be looking at some way these build machines could be
> hosted externally?  How is this ordinarily done at Apache?

Pretty much without fail, hardware donations have turned out... shall we
say, "less than effective."

I'd be interested in learning how OOo and LO do their wide array of build
targets. Where and how are those machines hosted? That would help in
defining and scoping the problem for the ASF.

Thanks,
-g