Vic Cekvenich wrote:

<snip>

I have been thinking about it, I do not think removing the offeding code is appropriate or sufficient.

If proven, I think offending devlopers, new or old should be baned from ASF (and other OSS projects) for a few years. The project should be parked. Let it live on SF, why shield it (becuase now ASF has to use their lawyers/resources)

ASF should publicly applogize, and as a sign of friendship with OSS, do something to help jBoss, such as help with J2EE certification, or help with code or something.

Did I say that Stein should be removed, as the person out of all the OSS projects out there, did most to ruin the high reputation, trough negligence or some other reason.

I feel dirty using Apache Struts today becuase of this mess. I already remvoed ASF licnese from basicPortal.sf.net when this was originaly done and uses a "commons" license or something like that.

<snip>

Geezz relax Vic, we are talking about software here. It's no life and death matter. No one is going to lose their life over this. It's not like a U.S. gov. official leaking the name of a CIA operative to the public. Give me a break, it sounds like this is going to hit you personally in the pocketbook, I can not understand why you are so passionate about this. Why are you? Hummm.... could the real reason be that you are trying to pull a M$ and stifle any compentition with JBoss?? What is your real issue?