I would extremely prefer a common well know name instead of Cartensian
tiers. While the API is still in flux changing the name is not that
much of a deal either. Either grid or tiles is fine for me though
while I would prefer the most common of the two - grid seems to be the
better choice though. Yet, should we stick to Cartesian?!

simon