I've only gotten started looking at DocBook, and it seems like
there are more tags than one knows what to do with.  Is it really
the case that there is no mapping of the current stylebook gramars onto
some set of the docbook elements?

I'm not sure if simplified docbook is enough, but perhaps we can use
docbook and have the stylesheets only work for some of the elements?

Just throwing out ideas

Ted