Anne Thomas Manes wrote:

> It has a large user base, many of whom have requested that we make the
> source available. A number of companies and individuals have expressed
> interest in contributing to the development of this code.

Foreseeing what will be asked fist from previous inquiries: How active
is the development community for this project? Will your current
developers still work on the software when you'll donate it to the
Apache Software Foundation? A healthy development community is *very*
important for any Apache subproject.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker