Stefano,

Sorry that I have't responded to the discussion -- I've been on a plane all
day.

Before initiating this poll, I discussed it with Sam. I first suggested
submitting WASP to Axis. Sam suggested that we set it up as a separate
project. But we're happy to abide by the community's decision.

As Sam said, Axis supports JAX/RPC. WASP supports JAXM. WASP also supports
pluggable transports, pluggable XML protocols, pluggable header processing,
pluggable encoding, and pluggable serializers. I saw a recent note from
James Snell saying that he was making a fairly significant architecture
change to Axis to support pluggable transports. I think there will be lots
of opportunity to steal/merge code across the two code bases. I just don't
want there to be a huge disruption in Axis to make it happen.

Regards,
Anne