On Sunday 19 October 2008, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Now into it's Nth great year, I bring you the fourth edition of the
> automatic assignment proposal. </truman-show>
>
> Previously:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/48485 [v1]
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/49601 [v2]
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/57159 [v3]
>
> Bleeding edge prototype:
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~rbu/assign.py
> MANY thanks to rbu.
>
> If there are no further changes or objections at this time, it would
> be nice to implement this by the end of November.

I updated the assign.py with suggestions from this thread, in
particular:

* maintainer/herd elements in categories' metadata.xml are respected
* Anything that looks like a CAT/PN in the string is caught if it is
  either a valid CAT/PN or valid CAT
* Order in metadata.xml is what dictates assignee, i.e.: The first herd
  or maintainer listed in the metadata.xml of the first CAT or CAT/PN
  is who is assignee, all other follow as CC.

What are the next steps for this to go forward?

Robert