On 04/13/2010 12:33 PM, Matti Bickel wrote:
Alec Warner wrote:
Its not possible in perforce once your change has been submitted.

Oh, missed that one. Maybe that makes perforce more "auditble" or whatnot.

I suspect that is the gist of it. I work with numerous systems that have audit trails that are subject to regulation, and it is pretty typical that the way to "correct" an audit trail entry is to add an additional audit trail entry (with the old entry still being there - perhaps with a pointer to the new entry). There is no shame in admitting that you made a mistake - the kinds of people who audit these systems look at a lack of mistakes as evidence that something is being hidden.

Rich