On Jan 30, 2005, at 20:19, pvdabeel wrote:
Your OS X lead is still working on pathspec. More about it in the near
future on my blog: http://metadistribution.org/blog/

Excellent! I'll be keeping track of that, then.

* separation of keywords, or some other mechanism to determine the
difference between darwin and macos ebuilds

Since you're working on pathspec, any ideas on how to keyword (or otherwise differentiate) between pathspec-only ebuilds and not-so-pathspec-only ebuilds? I'm working under the impression will want to have both /-installable and pathspec-installable packages (I.E. we want to support people who want to install everything to / except things that have collisions with apple software. Perhapse having portage automatically install something using pathspec when it finds collisions would be something to look into?)

pvdabeel: How is pathspec looking? Last I talked to you, you said that
February 30th

February has only got 28 days ;-)

I knew there was a reason we had someone smart like you working on pathspec and suchnot. Teaches me to get little sleep. :)

is your approximate release date. Are you on schedule
with that? Can we add 'pathspec' to the list above?

yes I am. I will be blogging about it this week and post a link here.

I'll keep an eye on your blog then.

--
Hasan Khalil
Ebuild/Porting Co-Lead