On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 09:19:06PM -0500, Hasan Khalil wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2005, at 20:19, pvdabeel wrote:

> Perhapse having portage automatically install something using pathspec when
> it finds
> collisions would be something to look into?)

Given enough metadata in the ebuild, that would be possible. This will require
some changing to the "plan execution" part, more specifically to linking.
There's
a paper on package views implemented for pkgsrc that is relevant to this
problem.
It's in my bibliography (will be online and browseable))

> >yes I am. I will be blogging about it this week and post a link here.
>
> I'll keep an eye on your blog then.

I'll post a link here if relevant content is published. Meanwhile see
the threads to gentoo-portage-dev.

Pieter