|Having finally decided to discard Debian in favour of Gentoo on our flat
|server I wanted to do an email poll on what server applications
|everybody uses on their server.  In the following categories please
|place your choice of application.
|
|Web:
]- apache + mod_perl

|Mail:
|SMTP:
]- postfix

|Database:
]- firebird(interbase) - multiversioning engine(i.e not lock based), small-footprint,
install&forget, fork&threaded variants,
subselects/joins/triggers/etc all is there... very simple way to add new functions via
Delphi or C (UDF)
- SUSPEND in stored-procs i.e. stored-proc may behave like normal TABLE ( i.e. SELECT
* FROM storedproc() )
- The creator of interbase still work on FireBird.
- afaik interbase is used in M1 tank :")
- from all DB I know, it is avail. on more platforms that others
- long history, do u remember Borland was No1 in DB
- there is records of working DB as large as 200-400GB
http://firebirdsql.org/
http://firebirdsql.org/index.php?op=history&id=beginning

no flame pls. :")

|FtpD: